The healthcare landscape is constantly shifting and evolving. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are seeing even more drastic changes. As facilities and medical professionals grapple with the increased demand for services, we would like to offer resources to help during the uncertainty. Read on to explore six websites that can educate and empower healthcare leaders and physicians as they work to combat the spread of the coronavirus.
- The Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB). In response to the U.S. COVID-19 outbreak, there have been a variety of recently issued waivers enabling medical providers across the country to use active state licenses. The guidelines and approvals vary state by state and are updated daily, so it’s important to check the FSMB’s website often for clarification.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). On March 13, President Trump declared a national emergency. On the CMS website, you can find details about their response, nationwide action, and COVID-19 waivers.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC website has a dedicated page to provide comprehensive daily updates, maps, and a variety of resources to help mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. Specifically, the CDC has included pages titled “What Healthcare Personnel Should Know” and “Healthcare Professionals FAQ.”
- The American Medical Association (AMA). The AMA has published ongoing updates for physicians and their practices regarding the coronavirus. In addition to the COVID-19 Online Resource Center, they have also released COVID-19 FAQ, A Physician’s Guide to COVID-19, and a COVID-19 Ethics Resource Center for physicians.
- The JAMA Network has compiled an impressive collection of resources, including information from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director Anthony Fauci, M.D., and a variety of publications regarding infection control, public response, and vaccinations.
- Medicus Healthcare Solutions has created a task force of qualified medical professionals who are ready to provide relief in the wake of the pandemic. Additionally, Medicus is fully equipped to help offer consultative services and clinical insight to healthcare leaders.
Discover how Optimum Permanent Placement Services can advocate for your staffing needs by calling 603.288.1624 to speak with an experienced business development executive today.