And four more news items for hospital administrators, health system leaders, practice managers, and other healthcare executives to peruse this week.
- Becker’s Hospital Review speaks with two health leaders to discuss solutions for building an effective patient throughput program. The subject-matter experts say hospital administrators must ensure their facilities have efficient discharge processes in place and also take steps that include creating a strong infrastructure; identifying an executive sponsor; establishing committees, work groups, and a solid communication plan; and examining key practices.
- As reported by Hospitals & Health Networks (H&HN), the American Hospital Association (AHA) has assembled a collection of insights into what will aid hospital leaders in navigating change in the coming year. The H&HN article includes a Q&A with AHA Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Maryjane Wurth as well as an outline of the association’s strategic plan for advancing the health of individuals and communities.
- According to a recently published Health Data Management article, an East Coast hospital system that implemented an advanced analytics platform realized an increase in its surgical volume as well as a five percent bump in operating room utilization. In addition to looking at the roles analytics systems play in assisting hospitals in advancing their perioperative services, the piece highlights how such technologies can help surgeons pinpoint measures for their own performance improvement.
- A Medicus blog post highlights advantages hospital administrators and other healthcare leaders should expect when partnering with a company that offers a TelePsych staffing solution. Among the benefits of this service are acceleration of assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and disposition of patients in the practice setting, and orientation and training for the remote locum tenens provider(s) and permanent staff.
- What can you do to improve the patient experience at your facility? Senem Guney, PhD, CPXP, founder and chief experience officer at health IT firm NarrativeDx, answers this question in an insideBIGDATA special guest feature. She says hospital administrators must understand that responding to patients is a big data issue and arm themselves with the essential technology solutions. Recognizing the factors that influence the perceived qualities of a hospital visit is key.
Call Optimum Permanent Placement at 603-816-9070 for assistance with your permanent placement staffing needs, and read our blog for helpful information and insights.