And four more news items for hospital administrators, health system leaders, practice managers, and other healthcare executives to peruse this week
- Did you know the growth of hospital administrators increased 3,200 percent between 1975 and 2010? This statistic was reached through using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the National Center for Health Statistics, and the U.S. Census Bureau’s current population survey, as stated in a report from athenainsight. The article includes a number of healthcare leaders’ observations on this growth, the physician reaction, and more.
- With more than 150,000 medical devices on the market, choosing the mobile health apps that will best benefit your practice is no easy task. In a recent post, Medscape highlights several that can help your team be more productive. Among the tools lauded for patient and practice management is AthenaCollector, an app-based practice management and medical billing service. In addition to other advantages, it allows office staff to view patients’ demographics, insurance particulars, claims, and appointments in real time, as well as other essential data.
- As reported by VibraCool, Atlanta-based MMJ Labs has produced, “What Works for Pain,” an evidenced-based collection of non-drug pain relief interventions. The info sheet is being provided as a resource for hospitals, pharmacies, and patients with the objectives of combatting opioid use and assisting pain patients who no longer have the desire to use or access to opioids.
- “Holy MACRA! How to Survive and Thrive in the New Era of MACRA, MIPS, and APMs,” a panel discussion presented at the 2017 American College of Rheumatology (ACR) Annual Meeting furnished practice managers with vital information on keeping up with the Medical Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA). As reported by the American Journal of Managed Care, the panel provided an overview of issues clinicians may face regarding the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) as well as tips for success.
- For an article published last week, Becker’s Hospital Review spoke with Robert Lord, co-founder and president of cybersecurity firm Protenus, about the use of behavioral analytics in data science. To resolve any misconceptions about this approach and focus on solutions, Lord highlights what hospital leaders should know about behavioral analytics and how their facilities can apply these tools.
Call Optimum Permanent Placement Services at 603-816-9070 to explore permanent opportunities with a knowledgeable recruiter, and check out our blog for the latest news and other helpful information.